Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day five -- Painting the ceilings

Time to paint the ceilings. Since I was (note the use of *was*) going to paint clouds on the upper level ceilings, I tried my hand at some samples on cardboard. Like light clouds:



And stormy clouds:


And very light clouds:


So okay, maybe I won't do clouds. So I did one coat of sky blue:


No, really, that's the color. From a distance the paint job didn't looks so bad, but close up it was awful:



Second coat wasn't so bad, but I'm thinking a third is called for.


I didn't take a picture of what the downstairs ceiling looked like because I was so shocked and disappointed that I immediately wiped it clean. I had bought a textured white paint that was supposed to look like that sound-proofing cottage cheese stuff, but, although it was advertised as white, when it was painted on it looked like blue sparkles in clumps. Guess I'll go back to plain white. It's not like that ceiling shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment