Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Uh oh


Instead of actually *doing* anything progressive about the dollhouse, I've been stressing over what I might have done wrong. Here's the official picture of the finished product from the manufacturer:


Those more clever than I will immediately notice that the shutters are painted the same green as the trim (plum in my version). I forgot that when I separating out pieces to paint. And the doors and windows are painted white. Hadn't planned the timing on that, although I haven't actually done anything that would make painting them later problematical.

I did buy rose and green paints for the stencils, which I will try on cardboard first.

I also noticed (it might be hard to see in the picture) that the gable triangle has shutters which have been painted pink (lilac for mine). So I shouldn't have painted the gable triangle yet. Here's hoping the glue works as well on painted wood as the raw stuff or I'll have far too much sandpapering ahead of me.



No comments:

Post a Comment