Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 18 -- Finishing up but not done yet

I painted the ledge between floors white, using painter's tape to keep it off the floor. Then I wallpapered the upper floor side.

Then I took off the tape I had papered over and papered again. Argh...:


Put in the window in the upper floor. Those are shadows on the side of the triangle, not spaces I forgot to paper. I didn't glue in the window because it was such a tight fit. Possible mistake:



Glued on the shutters on the outside of the upper window:


Glued a little curtain on the window:


I found some paper frames in a package for scrapebooking and copied some old photos to put in them. There are two so far (not glued in); one of me as a little girl and one of my mother as a young woman. I'll get some photos of family members from other ancestry lines for the others:


I took the door off its hinges and turned it around, so painting the wrong side wasn't the trauma it might have been. I tried to wallpaper the downstairs, but didn't cut the template correctly, so I had to go back to the store and get more paper to use. I found some pretty white lace long enough for the downstairs windows which I will install as sheers and possibly make paper curtains for those long windows. Haven't decided, but I bought the paper to do it, having found a website that gives detailed instructions that seem simple enough, even for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment