Monday, May 10, 2010

Day Eleven -- Moving Forward. Slowly.

Having taken the weekend off, more to give Mike time to make the drying screen for the shingles (he didn't), it was time to descend to the basement and proceed. Next step is to add the foundation, which I glued together Friday and supported with some heavy bowls and miles of tape:


I carefully removed the tape from the top half and painted it white; one coat. For future reference, it's not a good thing to use the open paint can to support what's being painted. Grrr..

Then I glued the staircase together, taping it on the back and sides:



Since it has to be painted now on both front and back, I laid it on its front and painted that portion of the back which isn't cover with tape.


I also, sadly, had to repaint the porch floor. I had painted the side without the holes drilled for supporting the porch rails, which will be secured with two incredibly small wooden dowels. See the holes?


After the foundation is secured (I still need to paint the other side and put a second coat on the whole thing), it will be time to finish the inside walls (before putting the staircase in). So -- to paint or to wallpaper? I found a wonderful website that offers hundreds of free wallpaper patterns. No, of course it won't be as good as *real* dollhouse wallpaper, but I'm thinking of using it. Here's a sample I like:


I still have time to choose, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment