Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day Seventeen -- I should be done

I pried off the top row of shingles from the gable triangle (that proved remarkably easy to do, which makes me very nervous) and redid them to touch at the top:


Then glued on the gingerbread on the front:


Painted the inside of the gable triangle where I had missed before -- unfortunately, I ran out of the blue I had used, so it had to be white:


Wallpapered the living room side of the divider for downstairs:



And the kitchen side:



Papered the gable triangle inside and glued in the dividers upstairs:




Measured the walls for the downstairs wallpaper and realized I need to buy another sheet for both the kitchen and the living room sides. That's when I saw that there's another edge that needs to be painted (dividing the two floors. And the side rails on the house needed to be painted and cut, but I'm waiting for Mike to figure out how to cut them. Here they are, half-painted:

Really, there's very little left to do. Install the windows and door, the flower boxes, the side rails and the gingerbread on the two sides of the house. Glue together the stairs and put them in (after wallpapering downstairs). Finish the wallpaper upstairs.

I was feeling pretty good about all this when I realized that I had painted the wrong side of the door. Yes, I painted the outside of the door white and the inside of the door plum with stencils. That's when I put it down for the day. I need a clear head to figure this one out.

I almost put the window into the gable triangle when I saw that an area I thought would not show, and hence did not paint, does indeed show and needs painting.

ARGH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment