Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 20 -- Still Adding Finishing Touches

Remarkably many photos for remarkably little work.

The front of the house with all but the side trims glued on:


Copied and framed some artwork (my mother and her father on her wedding day, me as a little girl, Mom as a young woman, a crossstitched monarch butterfly):


Problem. There is a base for the floor which gets glued under the door. But it doesn't fit! I put the door in as high as I could, but there's not enough clearance. Solution? (1) Ferget about it (2) let Mike shave it. I'm thinking (1).


Glued on the side gingerbread. There is very little holding this on. I couldn't tape it to the shingles without taking some shingle dye off, so I'm worried about tomorrow when I take the tape off. Mike may have to get out his trusty little hammer and start nailing:


Glued the stringer onto the stairs and the stairs onto the house:



The other side's gingerbread:

Oops. Need to paint that blip on the side of the gingerbread (both ends):


From a distance it looks pretty good:


Close-up? Not so much. I have a drunken flower box which needs to come off and get repositioned:

Of course, the big decision is still pending. Do I feel comfortable enough with my construction that this dollhouse will stand up to the wear and tear of four little girls? Of course, if I don't give it to them, that means I keep it for myself, which may make Mike wonder about whether or not I've entered some kind of second childhood. I suppose it depends on how much better I am at building a second one.

No comments:

Post a Comment